Cant download percx

• Hi can someone from auddict help please? I installed percx 1.0 onto my new laptop but it won't download the kits. I tried downloading the most recent version from my account and i keep getting page not found so cant download the latest installer ive sent a support ticket 3 or 4 days ago and not had a reply

• @Bigkennyj56 I wish I could help mate but it would appear there is a queue growing of people such as ourselves who are not being responded to via the support ticketing system and ignored on their own forum. I am currently at the end of my tether as to how I can receive the product I purchased in good faith from this company. A response from a member of staff simply explaining an ongoing issue would suffice but currently it would appear we are just all being ignored. If there is an issue please let your paying customers know and keep everyone happy rather than not responding and allowing this frustration to fester. I was genuinely excited to obtain PercX and am really hoping that this wasn't a mistake leaving me both financially impoverished and negatively affecting my current cliental. Every remain vocal so we can get this issue resolved in an appropriate manner.

• @Ascendant Just an update to say Christoph has gotten back to myself and has proved a usable link for the pkg download MacOS but unfortunately still awaiting a way to download the sample content to make the AU usable. A step in the right direction though and I thought Id best inform anyone else who is reading this and has experienced the same issues. I will let you know once the sample content issue has been dealt with and hopefully I am able to finally test out this software.

• Yeah i got given a direct download as well for v1. 1 which i was able to download and use the repair kits function. I already had all the samples so this worked for me as i was only moving to a new computer but I still cant connect to the store so cant buy anything else if I wanted. Oh well at least its working and i can finish the 2 songs I'm using it on

• Have you changed the password in your account after registering the plugin?

• @Christoph-Hart im pretty sure I haven't but i did buy before xmas should i change it?

• No it's just that if you did, you might have a cookie with a wrong password preventing PercX from accessing the store.

• @Christoph-Hart so how do I fix it? I don't think its a cookie as ita a brand new laptop

• @Bigkennyj56 said in Cant download percx:

Yeah i got given a direct download as well for v1. 1 which i was able to download and use the repair kits function. I already had all the samples so this worked for me as i was only moving to a new computer but I still cant connect to the store so cant buy anything else if I wanted. Oh well at least its working and i can finish the 2 songs I'm using it on

Fortunate for you, I have an AU but with no sample content so cant actually use the AU at all and still havent been given a feasible solution.

• @Ascendant cant they just send you a direct link to the samples to download? Getting a bit frustrated to be honest not had a response to my support ticket since I said repair kits worked but the problem isnt resolved and its putting me off further purchases. Percx is a fantastic bit of software and i also have united strings of Europe and drums of the deep but got them from vst buzz.

• I don't think its a cookie as ita a brand new laptop

A cookie is not a virus 🙂

I assume you have Windows, so just open an explorer, type in %APPDATA% in the address bar, then go into Auddict/PercX/StoreCache and delete everything in there.

Then reopen PercX, go to the store page again and enter your credentials, maybe the 404 disappears.

However it's really strange that it's just you two that are having problems, we would have been flooded with bug reports if that would be a general issue. @Bigkennyj56, are you also based in the UK?

• @Christoph-Hart i know its not a virus what i meant was its a brand new laptop ive installed percx and not changed my password so i cant see how it would be a cookie? Anyway ill try your suggestion tommorow and report back thanks for replying 🙂

• @Bigkennyj56 Hey everyone. I purchased Hexeract (not PercX) over two weeks ago, and cannot download the samples. Hexeract is installed both stand alone and in daw, but can't use with no samples. Support has gotten back to me only twice, but with a WEEK in between! Last support was last week saying he didn't know why I was having trouble and would pass me on to someone else. Now I'm in the long wait again. So frustrating. I was worried to order Hexeract after doing research, but was told if I had any issues I would get a full refund so I moved forward. Now I'm worried this company is in trouble and I will lose my purchase price. I'm including myself in your discussion because it sounds like some of you are having this same issue with PercX.

• @skimbo said in Cant download percx:

Now I'm worried this company is in trouble and I will lose my purchase price

Won't happen, it's just vacation time so the response times are a little slower than usual 🙂

Do you have the .hr1 resource file? That's the samples you need to install.

• Dear @Ascendant

cant actually use the AU at all and still havent been given a feasible solution

Oh! Did you try the solutions that i wrote you yesterday, and still get a 404 error inside PercX? When the causes "internet connection", "firewall" and "authentication error" are not the problem, then sadly we'll may have to dig a bit deeper to find the bug. (maybe it's a new one that we havent encountered yet.)
    Does the 404 still arise after you tried to re-authenticate PercX?

The support email for reference:

Dear @Ascendant

First of all, apologies again! Just came back from summer vacations, and had no laptop with me to look deeper into the issue!

I can fully understand that the whole onboarding experience must have been quite disappointing from your point of view. We tried to streamline the process as best as we can, but there still seem to be some issues to enhance!

The 404 problem may have arisen from an inavailability of our server according to our server provider (https://status.digitalocean.com/incidents/v35b80f7sq2q). They seem to have fixed it by now. So it may be probable that it just works when you try again to download ("SYNC") all collections from the STORE tab inside PercX.

If it doesn't work out, we could try to authenticate PercX again, to fix any possible error regarding the call/response to the server.
    In the APPDATA Folder you can find a license file called PercX.license_x64.
    (Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Auddict\PercX..)
    (macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Auddict/PercX/..)
    if you delete it, you should be able to authenticate again after a restart of PercX, and try to get to the STORE to SYNC the collections.

If you encounter any problems with erroneous kits, you can fix these with selecting "Repair Kits" and "Validate Sample Data" in the Account dropdown on the STORE tab. (click on the little person-icon on the top-left of "Account").

Please let me know if you can access the STORE tab, at last, and download the sample content. Sorry again for the inconveniences!

• Good afternoon Do,

Thank you very much it would appear that whatever the issue was with the server has know been resolved. I have gone into PercX this afternoon and all 91 kits were sync and began downloading,. Already being able to listen to the first few kits and sounding fantastic! Thank you for pursuing the issue and dealing with this for me. I will go and close my support ticket as well.

Regards,

Ascendant

• @Christoph-Hart Thanks for reply. Yes, but when I try to open it says there is no application set to open the document "Hexeract Resources 1.0.0.hr1" Don't know what to do next.

• @Christoph-Hart BTW I'm an Mac OS Mohave. Thanks.

• @Christoph-Hart I also have a Hexeract Resources file 1.1.1HR1.hr1. This file opens but only as a text edit file, size 946.3 MB. I have no idea what to do with it, if anything.

• Open Hexeract and follow the instructions. You need to point it to this .hr1 file and let it extract the samples at some point.