PercX crashes when loading a drum library

• Whenever I try to load a drum library PercX crashes immediately. This is in either standalone mode or using it as a plugin. I use Reaper as my DAW.

It works fine on my laptop. but I don't use my laptop for audio production. My audio PC is an AMD processor while my laptop is Intel.

Here is my debug log file:

Debug Log file

Product: Auddict - PercX
    Version: 1.1.0
    Time created: 30.March 2020 - 18:20:01

System specification

Device: Windows (Desktop)
    User name: Media
    CPU vendor: AuthenticAMD
    CPU cores: 4
    CPU speed: 3387
    Memory size: 12288
    Page size: 4096
    Host: Standalone
    Process bit architecture: 64 bit
    Sandboxed: ** No**

Audio Driver Default Initialisation(CI: 0)
    ... audio driver successfully initialised with default settings(CI: 0)

SampleRateChange

• Time: 0.00 / CallbackIndex: 1
    • Old: -1
    • New: 44100

BufferSizeChange

• Time: 0.00 / CallbackIndex: 1
    • Old: -1
    • New: 512

• What CPU do you have on your laptop?

We've had some issues with certain CPU models from AMD because they are missing a particular instruction set used by the streaming codec (which might be the case here if PercX starts crashing as soon as you try to play samples or load samples).

• Hrmm, yeah that's probably it. Does it require an AVX compatible CPU? My laptop is Intel and supports AVX while my Desktop is AMD and does not. Guess it's time to turn the laptop into an audio machine since I also bought Massive X and can only run that on my laptop as well 🙂

• No, it's actually a specific SSE instruction that is not available on AMD (although it should be).

We had that problem already with Hexeract and the solution was a custom build for the customers with that issue with a fallback implementation without this instruction.

• @Christoph-Hart Well I'll look into using my laptop instead but if it's ever working on AMD processors that'd be great too 🙂

• I am having the same issue with both of my AMD machines. Percx crashes or closes on one machine and on the other simply stays open but won't load the kits. Will there be a fix for this soon?

• Yeah, I'll probably make an AMD compatible version soon.