how to export a final sound clip?

• i assumed this was a standalone app. was i wrong?
    couldn't find anywhere to save the complete playable clip (wav file?)

where is this function or what is needed for this?

thanks

• The standalone version of PercX is rather suited for live-performance use cases where you don't want to fire up a DAW (or if you just want to play around).

As soon as you want to start producing music, loading PercX into a DAW offers the best workflow.

• @Christoph-Hart, you only half -answered the question. After explaining the predicament, Meta's question was "where is this function or what is needed for this?"

You answered that to produce music, he should do it within the DAW.

What happened to the other half of the question: "Where is this function?"

I am not trying to be a jerk, I promise, but it would be very helpful, if you would carefully read the question before answering and then give a complete answer. Many other people could have the same question and it would save YOU time to answer completely so others don't ask again. Thanks.

• Hi. So, where is the function, if I may ask? I believe an answer is needed to be in place. I refuse to believe that this is a difficult process (or is it?). Perhaps we just need someone to provide some meaningful guidance.

Given the merit of half the answer that was already given, to paraphase the question, how can one get the sound produced by PercX inside a DAW? A small walk through perhaps will help (regardless of your choice of DAW). I have Ableton Live 10 and another one, but I can't figure this out; yet perhaps I didn't spend more time... I guess that's when a forum or support can kick in and become valuable.

@Christoph-Hart, kindly. Thanks in advance.

Julian

• You can export PercX like any other virtual instrument: record MIDI and bounce that track 🙂

The only difference to "traditional" plugins is that you just need to record one note to get the groove going. A MIDI clip containing the C note that starts either the blue or the purple player and is as long as the sequence will do the trick.

The next update will include a function to automatically sync the playback to the DAW playback position, but this is rather useful during sketching (because normally you don't want the percussion to play from start to finish).

• @Christoph-Hart

How about adding a "Play" button for the standalone instead of having to hold down a key. You mentioned live events as best usage of stand-alone, but how is that supposed to work when you have to hold the key? In fact, not a play button, just a way to lock playback on the virtual keyboard.

• I still prefer using a DAW.... my chioce is Reaper (free version available)

Besides a load of other features, recording control and effects it will allow mixing in non PercX stems and tracks ....

I have found PercX works great with Reaper and is easy to Render from.

My 2c worth .....

• @Mulder said in how to export a final sound clip?:

I still prefer using a DAW.... my chioce is Reaper (free version available)

Besides a load of other features, recording control and effects it will allow mixing in non PercX stems and tracks ....

I have found PercX works great with Reaper and is easy to Render from.

My 2c worth .....

Hi, I am quite new to PercX and I am using Reaper also. My question is-- you are recording thru multi-channeling and then rendering down to audio clip? Or are you exporting the midi and then rendering it to audio (for me that did not work). Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• @Christoph-Hart said in how to export a final sound clip?:

You can export PercX like any other virtual instrument: record MIDI and bounce that track 🙂

The only difference to "traditional" plugins is that you just need to record one note to get the groove going. A MIDI clip containing the C note that starts either the blue or the purple player and is as long as the sequence will do the trick.

The next update will include a function to automatically sync the playback to the DAW playback position, but this is rather useful during sketching (because normally you don't want the percussion to play from start to finish).

Please sir I am not quite I understand. I am still trying to get the sound into the DAW (Reaper). Using a midi does not work, for me, trying to at least obtain the custom wave sound, but not quite sure how it is done and when saving to clipboard, what clipboard?
    Any assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

• @Sulblk27 Disregard I found out what I was doing wrong.

• @Christoph-Hart said in how to export a final sound clip?:

You can export PercX like any other virtual instrument: record MIDI and bounce that track 🙂

Thanks @Christoph-Hart.

I found out what's causing my trouble. What's missing is a clear instruction to use an external midi controller to trigger the drum composition by pressing the C2 key while "recording" on the DAW. While this seems basic, I was trying to use the built-in on-screen keyboard on the PercX VST instance and it wasn't recording at all. You see, I was trying to avoid using a controller as I'm just normally using my notebook computer for my simplified workflow and don't carry a controller all the time. Many will be in the same predicament. I'm sure there are those who would just use loops, clips and chord generators to build some ideas and will not necessarily need to use an external device on certain situations.

After several attempts, I was already suspecting this was the case, so I plugged in my Push the moment I had the chance and voila, I got it working inside Ableton Live 10.1. All I need to figure out now at this point is the multi-channel mix.

Hence, this on-screen keyboard inside PercX is just aesthetic and cannot be used as a trigger. A midi controller is an absolute necessity for PercX to work at this time. The Auddict team can save time for others if you can make this clear from the beginning of the documentation. Better yet, if the built-in on-screen keyboard can function as a virtual midi controller, that will be perfect.

Overall, great piece of software with some potential to improve more. I'm looking forward to your release for other more mainstream genres.

My two cents.

Julian

• Sorry about some missing info on my previous post and for not exhausting all possible ways earlier.

I figured out too just now that I missed this: In the absence of a virtual midi or a proper method for midi routing capability in most plugins, and if a midi hardware is not readily available, using the computer keyboard as virtual midi controller will do the trick, just as it would when using other virtual instruments such as those from NI and others.

In Ableton Live, here's how it's done:

1. Options > Computer Midi Keyboard (keyboard shortcut: M)
    2. Change octave of midi keyboard to 'C2 to D3' (keyboard shortcut toggle: Z and X)
    3. Once set, C2 will then be the the keyboard key "A".

I hope this can help someone at some point who, like me, has forgotten (or haven't yet learned) some of the basics of computer-based music creation. This would perhaps happen to those whose music isn't a primary profession like in my case (or for some other reason). Not everyone has the same skills set afterall.

Best regards

Julian