Exporting tracks

• I am seriously considering purchasing this software. It is obviously very powerful.

However, there is one area of constant frustration to me because I can't find an answer. I have watched hours of videos on the product, I have read through the online manual and asked the question in your Facebook account, where I have gotten answers I haven't asked, like "it depends on whether I am using manual mode or not", which means nothing to me, as I have not learned the software yet, since I don't own it. I would really appreciate a specific answer. I am not asking "how", which would probably entail a long detailed answer, I am asking "if".

Here is my question: After I doodle with the instance of PercX (inside my DAW) and get the loop exactly like I want it, can I then export EACH individual track/stem/line from PercX into a separate audio track in my DAW so I can add any DAW effects to the tracks and then mix all percussion with my other instruments solely from my DAW? (If you need to know my DAW to give me the answer, I use Digital Performer.)

(I know I can't export the MIDI data which would be pointless with PercX as the midi data there is program specific, but my question concerns exporting to my DAW as an Audio track so each track from PercX is now an audio track in my DAW.) I don't know how to be any more specific, I hope I explained sufficiently.)

• @Schnedler said in Exporting tracks:

can I then export EACH individual track/stem/line from PercX into a separate audio track in my DAW

Yes, thats possible and also a very powerful way to mix PercX into your project! Open PercX in your DAW. On the MIX Tab on the right of each track you'll find an OUTPUT option. you can choose up to 14 channels here to route the tracks to your DAW.

The multichannel routing of each specific DAW may differ a for bit.. You may have to look up, how your DAW handles Multichannel output of plugins.

Best,d

• Has anyone used this for Studio One Pro?

• @bendswede

Jup, PercX runs on Studio One 🙂

All best,d