Kit Filter / Time Signatures

• Hi- I have a new question... I'm working in a session in 6/8 and I want to generate random rhythms for that. Under Kit Filter I have selected "3/4, 6/8...", which reduces my matching kits to a total of 18 which is fine, then I click on the generate icon in the window to the right (center just above the keyboard)...
    Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 4.27.16 PM.png

It will generate the 8 tracks fine but I find by going to the edit window on a number of them that they'll be in 4/4, and others 3/4 or 6/8...
    Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 4.28.30 PM.png
    Shouldn't they ALL be in either 3/4 or 6/8??

Thanks

• And... to clarify, I understand polyrhythms- but I’d like to have this all 6/8 or 3/4.... Just thought that by filtering the time signature it would restrict or conform everything

• Thats indeed weird. I guess that this is a glitch in PercX. Especially because the generated "3/4, 6/8" track, indicates a "4/4" timing, while the same track, when you load its original kit, displays the correct "6/8".

Best, d

• @do Ok.... yes, so perhaps a fix in an update??

• Just checked, the problem is actually the PATTERN SWAPS function:

ce37f8af-a1c0-4708-b466-8641bc03aeeb-image.png

If you move this dot to the right, it starts swapping out the original patterns with replacements, but these swaps do not take the KIT FILTER into account.

So the temporary workaround is to make sure that the dot is on the far left so that it preserves the original patterns. You'll loose a bit of randomness and the chance of happy accidents though...

• @Christoph-Hart Interesting- I'll check that out. Thanks for that!

• Tried this all the way to the left and toward the bottom to get the lower kits and it only generated 2 patterns no matter how many times I I clicked on it. So it seems pretty limited in that sense.